The WS&J Project

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The One with "The White Shirt and Jeans Project"

Ladies and Gentlemen, I now present to you "The White Shirt and Jeans Project" (aka The WS&J Project). I know I should have posted this days ago, but hey, here it is at looooooooooong last!haha I hope that by saying "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa" will make up for the delay.hehe

So my friends back at work seem to be into the Biggest Loser craze over the past months. In fact, we just finished ended the 3rd Season. Out of my frustration that I just just got the 2nd spot, it kept me thinking, "Why do we have to do it season after season anyway?". Then a light bulb moment comes, "Why don't we just make it a lifestyle?"

Luckily, I didn't had a hard time looking for people to join the cult. Rae and Ralph agreed to join the wagon and decided to take it to a higher notch by making it public for the whole world to see and do something different this time, at least for us three, by entering into a cross-blog venture.

Since I didn't have a blog yet, it was more a challenge for me. Yes, I admit, I am a blog virgin!hahaha So please bear with me because as I mentioned in my first post, I am a work in progress!:)

Anyway, after days, no, actually months, of looking for my blog name, I finally came up with "White Shirt and Jeans" - simple and classy at the same time. Sold as I was with my chosen blog name, I  proposed to my co-venturers to name our project after it. How brilliant is that?hahaha I did so not for bragging rights (which kinda is the real hidden agenda... kidding!hahaha), but more on the fact that we share a common goal of wanting to wear a white shirt and a good pair jeans and look damn good in them. However, more than just looking good, our ultimate goal is to live with healthier bodies brought about by a healthy lifestyle.

So what's up with the name right? Does this mean that I am narcissistic? Not really. Am I metrosexual? Others say I am but I respectfully, sincerely and totally disagree. If I was, I wouldn't have allowed myself to reach this stage - overweight (chubby my friends say) and a candidate for a "Before" model of Stresstabs. Enough with the self incrimination!:) I love myself and let's just say that I want to believe (just a belief though... and personal belief, my friends, can never be wrong!haha) that I have a good taste when it comes to choosing the things that I wear and use.

I believe in the power of contrast. So basically when I buy stuff especially those that I wear, it seems like a reflex to ask myself, "If you have two options, which would you choose, to look good or not?" So that explains why I respectfully, sincerely and totally disagree with people telling me that I am metrosexual.!(defensive mode: on)hahaha

Okay, enough about me and back to the project, after 6 months,  we must have accomplished:

1. The Group Goal: To be able to fit in a white shirt and a pair of jeans of one's desired size (more importantly, to actually pull it off!)

2. The Personal Goal: To accomplish any SMAART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Action-oriented, Results-oriented, Time-bound) goal!

For Goal No. 1, I'm targeting to fit into a size-30 pair of Levi's pants from a size 35 and fit into a small white shirt without having to worry that my man-boobs would show!haha Now, cheers to my honesty!haha (Slow clap everyone!hahaha) I will monitor my stats on a weekly basis and will be posting my progress through pictures every Sunday.

For Goal No. 2, I should have at least one more professional certification on top of my CPA title. I'm already envisioning my name with a CPA and CISA appended to it. Again, cheers to positive thinking!hahaha

I hope that this will serve as a wake up call and at the same time, an invitation to anyone who's been wanting to be more fit but never actually did anything about... seriously!:)

So there you have it! Here's a living proof that this blog is about dreaming dreams and making them happen. Knowing that I'm not doing this alone makes it easier, achievable and truly satisfying.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, andaming nadagdag... hahaha will read it again- mikha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talagang ayaw mong manlibre ng dinner ha.

    ReplyDelete