The WS&J Project

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The One with the "Big Bang"

They say that everything in our universe started with the "Big Bang" and so I can't be more explicit in choosing  it as the title of my first post.  For those who haven't noticed yet, allow me to break it to you this early on that being a "FRIENDS" fanatic that I am, I just had to borrow something from that wonderful show and it would have to be the idea of naming each episode with "The One..." 

Bringing up the Big Bang and all, I have to admit that I am no scientist. However, if there's one thing these scientists and I have in common, it's our passion for experimenting to discover new things. 

"White Shirt and Jeans" (aka WS&J) is in itself is my personal experiment to find ways on how to improve myself and to really just enjoy life to fullest. This definitely won't be an end but a means to find way on how to enjoy the gifts that we have in this common thing we share - LIFE. I am a "half-full glass" kind of person and indeed, our world is a world of abundance, not of scarcity. 

As vague and general as my vision  for this experiment is, this experiment will forever be a work in progress. This may very well be the reason for me having posted this article just now instead of launching it last June 1. I have tried writing and rewriting this first ever post of mine hoping that it would be perfect. But then after days of procrastinating, which is natural to a self-confessed crammer, I figured this doesn't have to be perfect and it will never be. 

So it's starts here, being bluntly honest with myself and accept who I am, an imperfect person who has a lot to change in himself. Going back to the nature of this blog, I'll keep this simple and stick to the basics but nonetheless, still interesting and more importantly, significant. I never dreamed of becoming great in the simplest sense of the word, never did I dream to be famous nor infamous for any matter. In this lifetime, I just want to be significant to the people that matter to me. May they be family, friends, colleagues, alright even bosses or people that I have yet to met but will eventually be a part of my life. 

I have always had this passion to write about stuff but back in my younger days, I never really pushed that hard to make them public. So this is my first attempt to do something I never did before. Now, I can write about anything, without anyone breathing behind my neck and telling me what and what not to write about. Don't we all just love freedom?

This blog will be a roadmap of my life's adventures, misadventures and milestones. You can expect a lot of dreaming and wishing and at the same time, I will expect myself to fulfill those dreams no matter what. I remember my mother telling me that when I was still a toddler, she brought me to a toy store and ask which toy I wanted. She was shocked by the "little me's" jaw-dropping answer, "I want everything!". It turns out that years after, I still have that in me. Even my closest friends still can't hide their weird facial expressions and seemingly mocking comments every time I give them a rundown of what I want to do and have in my life. 

Then again, that's me. I am a dreamer and I am proud to be one. After all, what good is life without dreaming dreams? Now that I'm in the right age, I have the freedom to choose whether or not these dreams could happen. In my mind, they are all achieved already. I tell myself, "It's just a matter of when". So folks, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!!!

2 comments:

  1. Finally!!! I'm so happy for you Jason :)

    Anyway, go ahead and dream. "What you can't imagine, can't take place."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for me too Rae!hahaha I have a lot to learn about blogging pa!haha and since we're in the mood for quotes, for me, "to believe is to see" not the other way around!hahahaha

    ReplyDelete